January and February are popular months for bridal shows. If you’re newly engaged, you’ll find that wedding planning will be a lot easier if you attend at least one show. Here’s why you should take this advice from our team of professional Central Florida DJs:
• There’s so much more to a wedding than meets the eye. A bridal show will expose you to all of the aspects of planning a wedding, whether you’re going to do it yourself or hire a professional wedding coordinator.
• Shows are a great place to find service providers, including professional DJs for your reception. At the show, you can talk to providers, see samples of their work, and get a sense of whether they’d be appropriate for your wedding. It could take you months to meet with the same number of vendors at their individual locations that you’ll see in just a few hours at a show. However, remember there are many more service providers who may not be exhibiting at the show, so don’t rush into a commitment there. Also, most vendors won’t have time to give you the personal attention you need at the show, which is another reason to make your decision later.
Now having said that, a few vendors may be offering show specials for brides who sign up at the show.
• You’ll see the latest in wedding fashion and décor. A runway show will let you see bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen attire on models so you’ll have a better idea of what you like before you get in the bridal shop.
• Get some great travel ideas. If you’re thinking of a destination wedding or are looking for honeymoon ideas or assistance, there will be an abundance of information about some of the best places.
• Find out how much things cost. Budgeting is one of the biggest challenges of wedding planning. A bridal show lets you get an idea of the price range of the elements you want so you can create a budget that works for you.
• Ideas, ideas, ideas! Bridal shows are a wonderful place for ideas you may not have thought of that will help to create the wedding of your dreams.
Of course, the best reason to attend a bridal show is to have fun. For tips on making the show a pleasant and productive experience, read “Get the Most Out of a Bridal Show or Wedding Expo.”